DHS to announce that it will offer deferred action to DREAMers.
June 15th, 2012 by SRW Lawyers
- Be 15-30 years old, and have entered before age 16
- Have been present in the U.S. for 5 years as of June 15, 2012
- Have maintained continuous residence
- Have not been convicted of one serious crime or multiple minor crimes
- Be currently enrolled in high school, graduated or have a GED, or have enlisted in the military
The White House is expected to make a formal announcement this afternoon at 1:15 EST. We will provide more information following the White House’s announcement.
DHS has posted a formal announcement of this new policy on its website. Individuals who meet the above criteria will be eligible to receive deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.