Archive for February, 2012

Travel with Expired Green Card

2/29/2012 Written by SRW Lawyers

Beginning in 1989, the U.S. government began issuing Permanent Resident Cards (Form I-551) with a 10-year validity period. Although U.S. permanent residence status is not affected by the expiration of a 10-year green card, individuals need to file for a replacement card to have evidence of their immigration status for employment and travel purposes. Individuals […]Read More >

USCIS Issue with I-751 Receipt Notice Numbers

2/28/2012 Written by SRW Lawyers

According to recent reports, USCIS is not using the receipt number listed on the I-797 receipt notice for Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence) as the basis for tracking the status of the petition. Instead, USCIS is tracking I-751 petitions based on the receipt numbers listed on the subsequently issued biometric notices. […]Read More >