Archive for the ‘Marriage to a U.S. Citizen’ Category

New DOS Fees

9/3/2014 Written by SRW Lawyers

Item No. Proposed Fee Current Fee Change in Fee PASSPORT AND CITIZENSHIP SERVICES 8. Administrative Processing of Formal Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship  $2,350  $450  $1,900 NONIMMIGRANT VISA SERVICES 21. Nonimmigrant Visa Application and Border Crossing Card Processing Fees(per person): (c) E category nonimmigrant visa $205 $270 ($65) (d) K category nonimmigrant visa $265 $240 $25 […]Read More >

SRW Border Lawyers Obtain I-601 Approval, without RFE, for Mexican National

2/13/2014 Written by SRW Lawyers

SRW Border Blog’s most recent Success Story is a prime example of how SRW Lawyers take great care in planning out a client’s case strategy to help them achieve their U.S. immigration goals. This Success Story highlights how SRW Lawyers helped our client navigate through Immigration Court, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services and the Dept. of […]Read More >

USCIS Transfers I-130 Petitions Due to Backlogs

1/6/2014 Written by SRW Lawyers

Due to processing delays of I-130 petitions filed by U.S. citizens for their immediate relatives, USCIS is transferring some of these petitions from the National Benefits Center to the Nebraska, Texas, or California service centers in order to improve the processing times for these petitions. Individuals whose petitions have been transferred should receive an I-797 […]Read More >

SRW Client Able to Avoid Removal Proceedings and Adjust Status Before USCIS Because of Grant of Prosecutorial Discretion Request

7/1/2013 Written by SRW Lawyers

Our Client, a citizen of India, had entered the U.S. several years ago on a valid visitors visa and overstayed and was now married to a U.S. citizen. The couple came to our office and we explained that since the Client had last entered the U.S. lawfully and was now married to a U.S. citizen, […]Read More >

K-4 Visa Holder Cannot File for Green Card Based on Own Marriage to U.S. Citizen

7/24/2012 Written by Brian D. Zuccaro

In the case, Matter of Valenzuela, 25 I&N Dec. 867 (BIA 2012), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) held that a K-4 visa holder (i.e. the son/daughter of a K-3 visa holder) could only file an application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent residence based on the I-130 petition filed by the K-3 visa […]Read More >